Post Page Advertisement [Top]

The Other Dutch Intern
My name is Halima Zaghouli, and for the coming five months I will be an intern at Orchan Consulting Asia.

I come from a big family and a home that is usually cosy, though my six sisters – yes, only sisters, no brothers – and I tend to cause our home to be quite hectic. But coming from a family this big, I was taught to follow my own path and consequently learned to make independent decisions without needing to rely much on anyone else; such as taking up internship in a country 6,000 miles away from my family and friends.

Initially, I had no idea where I wanted to go for my internship, and what field of work I wanted to explore. But since I was going to be studying in Jakarta for six months from February 2016 onward, I thought it would be a good idea to undertake my internship in Malaysia, since it has similar cultures. Besides, I have always wanted to visit Malaysia. It was also a strategic decision as both the countries are close to each other, so I would have the opportunity to travel around before settling in Jakarta. That was when I spoke to my local student placement agency who introduced me to Orchan.

Even before I met my colleagues, I was excited to start working in Orchan as they gave me such a welcoming feeling. As a first timer to Asia where everything is new to me, I was not nervous at all, because my colleagues were caring with everything. So far, I have been absolutely happy with my decision to do my internship in Malaysia. Besides, as someone who’s interests include indulging in good food, Malaysia has proven to be the right spot – really, really, really nice food! Might I add, I love the heat.

During my internship in Orchan, I hope to prepare myself for my future career and learn as much as I can from my colleagues. After five months, I hope I have accomplish many new things and experience what the business culture has to offer. And of course, enjoy the many local food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib