Post Page Advertisement [Top]

An event which is held annually, every fourth day of the Chinese lunar calendar, marked a significant day for the Chia Clansmen Association in Crab Island (Pulau Ketam). 11 February 2016 was the day that students ranging from primary, secondary to tertiary had been looking forward to attending; the Scholarship Awards Ceremony.

At the event, I was one of the five scholarship recipients who went on stage to receive RM 1,000 as a token of encouragement for our excellent study achievement (YAY…. J). Not forgetting, I also participated as the English emcee along with my partner, who ran her duty as the Mandarin emcee. Standing on the stage presenting our emcee speech to a large crowd which had the event hall packed full gave me a sense of pride to be able to contribute to the association; while having my parents to witness my success at the event made me feel proud and grateful to be one of them.

All my life, when my parents passed me the application form for the scholarship awards, it was always a joy that this opportunity is one that I need to hold on to, even with the slightest or no chance of getting it. To me, I am always thrilled by the generosity of the public in contributing to the scholarship funding every year. In fact, it is one ceremony that I have never missed since Standard 1 to date; I guess this would be my last year receiving a scholarship award, before the graduation plaque is presented next year.


As the ceremony came to the end, I whispered in my heart that, “The feelings are indescribable, I am beyond thankful to what was given to me”. How time flies, I have never imagined that I am almost at the end of my studies since four years old. Just by attending the ceremony and witnessing all other academically excellence achievers gave me an inspiration to work even harder (and smarter); knowing that even though I have gone through ups and downs at the major stages of education, it simply signifies the beginning of a new journey that I am about to embark on.
Scholarship achievers took a group picture with the Chairman of Chia Clansmen Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib