Post Page Advertisement [Top]



Well, I was completely nervous at first when I saw the word, “Humans of Orchans Blogpost” in the mailbox. Having the next day being told by Christina that this is the culture that has been practiced for all the Orchan-ites, I accepted the writing challenge as part of my internship programme with Orchan. After all, as the saying goes, “Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.” So here I am, introducing myself as one of the interns for Orchan early in the year of 2016 – 22-year-old lady, eldest in the family, born in Klang.

Being a Public Relations student, I only came to a realisation of how the real PR industry looks like when I started my internship a week ago. I couldn’t be more grateful to how the funky style and designs of Orchan website which have caught my attention to drop them a call to send in my curriculum vitae. Thankful enough, I received a reply right away for the interview. To recall of how Craig, Farrell and Christina interviewed me, that was the first formal-informal interview I had in my life, and surprisingly, it happened in a café, Red Kettle. I was indeed thrilled by how I was being interviewed before I found out that it was more of a sharing session instead of a formal interview in a rather friendly environment.

True enough, all this time, I was very interested to leave the books behind and get a taste of what the industry could offer to a PR student like me. Despite having to run a 7-month PR Campaign, entitled, Public Relations Campaign 2014/2015: Volunteerism IV (as the picture above shown, I was the Main Campaign Director) as part of my coursework during my second year of studies, at the very least, I was very keen to learn about the differences between working internally in the university and in a PR agency.

I was always told that PR is a 24/7 job, ready to be on hectic schedules all the time, doing a lot of socializing and yada yada yada…. However, I am very much convinced that if I am doing something that I am passionate for, something which I am willing to learn, why not? I live by the philosophy of “I always want to do something I like for a career in life, after all, that is what going to make my life meaningful.” This is one important thing that I would like to share about myself.

As I thought about the amount of new knowledge that I have learned in the first week itself, regrets? Well, indeed not. Although I am a person who could easily get stressed out but as the time passes by, I learn to cope with it by prioritising things and organizing my work so that I can work more efficiently in a less stressful manner. Come to think of it, there is ample of opportunities for me to explore and get hands-on experience for all that is to involve as a PR practitioner in Orchan Consulting | Asia!

Till then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib