Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Humans of Orchan | RX, Not the Name of a Doctor’s Prescription

She is 19, eldest in the family, from a small bustling city, Ipoh. Just like other teenagers, she was clueless, floating aimlessly on the tide. Easily captivated by the unusuals, she plays Kalimba (thumb piano), never-ending binging on netflix and bawling over the same tragic scenes. To get off from her usual range of familiarity, to discover her certainty, she at that point seeks after public relations. 

Just going with the flow until one day, bam reality hits when she was entrusted to complete a two (2) month internship in Public Relations to move on from her second year Diploma in Public Relations in Tunku Abdul Rahman University College. 


Casually looking for a company to fulfill her internship, she came across Orchan Consulting Asia. She perused their website to see what they do, and unintentionally found their blog (and started stalking from there). She saw several Humans of Orchan posts and pondered internally, how cool is it on the off chance that she could leave her impressions as well. And yup here she is, typing hers. Cut the crap, she got accepted yay; *little did she know what’s awaiting her*.


---------- 


I am Ru Xuan, on my fourth week of my internship. Damn, gotta be honest, the first few weeks was hellfire. Wait, what? 


Yeap, you didn’t read it wrongly. 


Working for a super perfectionist boss. Phew, that was way more distressing than handling a tyke. But guess what, compared to the first day me and present, I would say I’m pretty tough now or survive in a zombie apocalypse, well at least. 


Three weeks have gone and I learned a lot, for example, how to manage my time well haha. Rather than waking up every morning waiting for my superiors to hand me undertakings, I’m the one giving them tasks to affirm, reminding them of things they need to upload or do so I can ensure my tasks are done well, and generally showing that I can contribute to team functioning (guess who’s the boss now?) haha. Joking aside, what I want to say is that as opposed to being the forgetful one, my goldfish memory has in any event been redesigned into a dolphin.


My superiors can be an undeniable source of irritation at times (well most of the time as they want me to do things well and to succeed), but one thing I learned is to always seize their styles of executing work. Things started to get easier for me. Oh look, I discovered another revelation. Entering my fourth week and I have got two of my written introductions posted on the site; nothing could feel in a way that is better than the accomplishment of having your boss approve it.

This is my story and definitely one worth remembering for a mind-blowing remainder. The 10 years later me advising all my juniors to be prepared, remember to arm yourself before sending your CV over, but one I can assure is that it is an eye-opening experience and a closed-book accomplishment to comprehend. Thank you for clicking in and staying until the end. Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib