Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Humans of Orchan – Joan Bomuhangi | AKA, Coconut


I’m horrible at introductions, so I’ll just get to it. My name is Joan Bomuhangi (BO-MOO-HAN-GEE) and I am a 20-year-old student at Monash University studying Communications and Media Studies. I’m an Aquarius, if you believe in that sort of thing, and I’m an extroverted person.

The very first thing people say about me once they get to know me is that I’m weird, which is true. I have THE BEST sense of humour and I promise, if you’re my friend you’ll spend a great amount of time laughing or cringing - I don’t mind either way. There are few things I love more than food, good company, and my bed. “I only love my bed and my momma” and I’m not sorry. You can be sure that at any given moment, I am either travelling around KL and taking pictures of the scenery, hanging out with friends, or living out my (intangible) childhood dream of being a singer at the nearest karaoke spot.

I am Ugandan, but due to my dad’s job in the UN, I travelled around growing up; this may be why I don’t sound the way I look. My accent is a weird little hybrid and changes depending on who I am speaking to. Unfortunately, I don’t speak my native tongue. I blame my parents for this and they blame me for “being uninterested in re-learning”. I do  (kind of) speak other languages, this includes French which is very depressing seeing as I took French classes for almost 6 years, and did French Literature at some point in my high school life.

I hope to survive my internship at Orchan having learnt a lot and gained more confidence and knowledge in the PR field, but I have a feeling that this won’t be such a difficult task to achieve as I have cool co-workers and awesome bosses (she says, knowing full well they will read this and will like the flattery). K byeeeeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib