Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Aidi Shukor – The Newest Orchanite

I enjoy travelling! This was taken at Yalingup, Western Australia

Let me start this post by introducing myself. My name is Aidi. I am 22 years old and currently in the final year of my bachelor’s degree in East Asian studies. What’s that? Maybe you are wondering why I decided to study that kind of degree? Well, no surprise to me. Frankly, I am so used to people asking me this same question again and again (also, getting people to say “that’s such a cool degree” is like coming across cheap and good sushi in KL).

Technically, I came from a commerce background during my foundation year. But, after hearing so many of my colleagues telling me that they wanted to become an accountant or a banker, I wondered “how many accountants does the world really need?”. So, I decided to not apply for an accounting degree but instead went on to do my current degree after coming home from a short vacation in Seoul, South Korea as I was impressed at how an agrarian country which was once literally irrelevant evolved so rapidly to become one of the world’s most advanced countries – both culturally and technologically.

Fast forward to now, I am almost a week at my internship with Orchan by the time this gets posted. And surprise, surprise, this is a public relations company (which I have close to zero knowledge about!). Fortunately (and unfortunately, as my bosses put it), I happened to join the team when they’re at the busiest. A few days before my official start date, I was called to join a brainstorming session for a potential client. It was extremely overwhelming but on the bright side, it showed me how at Orchan, everyone’s opinions matter! So much that my input eventually became a part of the presentation to the client. – How’s that for a PR novice, huh?

Anyway, I look forward to what other cool things I will be doing during my internship with Orchan. Obviously, it will be challenging and overwhelming to do things you are not used to. But, what is life without a little change? I am also still unsure whether PR is what I really want to do for the rest of my working life. But that’s for me to find out. Till then!

2 comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib